That Planner Chick grabs her bag of tools to head off for a busy day…
Today I want to talk about the tools that we use when we plan and use with our planner. I like many people out there carry my planner with me wherever I go and my pen case goes wherever my planner goes. I get looks sometimes when I am spending time with my friends and we need a pen and I open my pen case and there is a selection pens. I do try to keep my pens to a minimum but I fall in love with a pen and then I need more of them and end up with way too many pens in my case. However there are several pens that I keep with me at all times and use them all the time. So here is a look into what I keep in my pen case.
For my pen case I use an Orla Kiely cosmetic bag that I got from target. I have been happy with this bag until I started getting into fountain pens and some of them don’t fit in the bag as well as I would like.
Here is where the list gets long. I am trying to work on a way to carry fewer pens and feel like I have everything I need when I go out. I love fountain pens and own many of them. I use them all everyday so the ones I have in my collection are not super expensive or fragile so the can handle the wear and tear.
- Pilot Metropolitan in violet leopard with a fine nib filled with Noodler’s Red-Black ink.
I have four; yes four Pilot Kakuno pens all with fine nibs. They are all different colors with different color inks.
- Pilot Kakuno soft blue with white body filled with Iroshizuku Ama-iro.
- Pilot Kakuno soft pink with white body filled with Noodler’s Red.
- Pilot Kukuno soft violet with white body filled with Iroshizuku Muraski-Shikibu
- Pilot Kukuno soft green with black body filled with Ironshizuku Chiku-rin
I love these pens because they are inexpensive beginner fountain pens that write like a dream. They were designed in Japan as a teaching pen to help children learn how to write properly with a fountain pen. Because they are designed with children in mind they are light and chunky with a cute little smiley face on the nib. They are just cute fun pens.
Next up is my Lamy collection. Another inexpensive fountain pen that is AMAZING. This is my new favorite pen and I want to use it for everything.
- Lamy Safari Neon Coral with an extra fine nib filled with Iroshizuku Tsutsuji.
- Lamy Safari Yellow with extra fine nib filled with Diamine Pumpkin.
- Lamy Safari Charcoal with a fine black nib filled with Noodler’s Bad Black Moccasin
I have several Coletos that I use to use with my planner so they have my color-coding colors in them plus a few extras.
- Coleto Blue with purple, orange, teal, pink, and green inks.
- Coleto Pink with red, blue, brown, black and blue-black ink.
I do like to sketch so I keep a couple of sketch supplies in my bag.
- Bic Velocity 0.9 mechanical pencil
- Micron .2 black pen
I also keep a set of highlighters for school and things I want to stand out in my planner. I feel in love with the Zebra Mildliner because the colors are less harsh on the eyes and have interesting colors like the gray.
13 – 17. Zebra Mildliner in the Cool and Refined color set. The colors included are mild red, mild violet, mild gray, mild dark blue and mild green.
Odds and Ends:
Mostly my pen bag is full of pens but I do keep a few extra things in my bad to help out through the day.
- Erasers- the erasers on mechanical pencils just don’t work that well.
- Post it Tabs- I keep a set of post it tabs in my bas so that I can mark important pages in my planner or in my textbook.
- Oli clips- these things are great! They are magnetic paperclips that will hold a lot of paper. I have several in my bag for various reasons.
- Paper Perforator- this is an odd one. I in general hate tearing a page out of a journal or a notebook. I hate it even more when the pages aren’t perforated. I have a small pocket rotary perforator when I need to tear a page out.
- Ink Cartridges- All of my fountain pens have convertors on them so that I can use bottle ink and not create a lot of waste from cartridges. That being said I do keep a few spare cartridges in my pen case just in case I run out of ink while I am out of the house.
So there you have it. That is what I keep in my pen case. It seems like a lot and for some it is. I am actually amazed at how many pens and accessories I can keep in my pen case. If you are interested in any of these products please check out the notes section of the video.
Stay tuned for another That Planner Chick adventure.